Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My favourite healing story

My favourite kind of healing is what I "guerilla" healing: this is when you find some poor injured soul in need, and you pounce upon them, and offer them what you can do. If they agree to be treated on the spot, amazing things can happen.

One day I was riding on the subway when I spotted an old woman who was pulling on the fingers of her right hand, one by one, with her left. I struck up a conversation with her and found out that many months before she had broken her hand after falling on it. The break had mended, but the hand didn't heal fully. She could close her fingers but could not open them. She was on her way to one of the downtown hospitals for on-going physiotherapy. The purpose of the exercise she was doing was to "teach" the hand to move properly again.

I treated her for exactly three subway stops before she had to get off. There seemed to have been an energetic "break" in her palm, which I worked on, and when the subway slowly pulled away after she got off, I last saw her standing on the platform opening and closing her hand and staring at in wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment