Tuesday, August 11, 2020

I treated my first meditation injury today ...

I've treated all manner of injuries before, including rollerblading, martial arts, and even yoga injuries, but never before have I run across an injury sustained in meditation. It was a repetitive stress injury, caused by using a clicker to count the times the meditator said "om mani padme hum".

It presented as a pain in the upper arm and caused the meditator to be unable to raise her left arm beyond shoulder height. The pain was persistent and dull, and became sharp as she tried to lift her arm.

Immediately after I began treatment, the pain moved down the client's arm, and located itself in her wrist. Pain moving during bioenergy treatment is a good sign. Bioenergy practitioners maintain that pain is caused by "stuck" energy, and conclude that pain moving during treatment signifies a movement of energy.

After a few more minutes of treatment, the pain moved up to the elbow, and consolidated there. At that point I commented that it was like tennis elbow, and jokingly asked the client if she had been playing much tennis lately. She laughed and said "no", and then asked herself what she had been doing that might have caused the repetitive stress injury we call tennis elbow. Within minutes out came the clicker, and she tested it, and concluded that it was the root of her problem. I then treated the tennis elbow, and within about 15 minutes the client said her arm felt normal. She was even able to raise it above her head without pain.

I love this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment